*Warning: This post might be too much information for some. If the word “uterus” makes you uncomfortable, please read no further.

My uterus has been causing problems for quite some time. The problems started probably after my second c-section and got worse after each birth, but I knew we needed to have more kids, so I was trying to tough it out and deal with the issues. When I was pregnant with Kylie, I began discussing the problems with my doctor. She thought I probably had something called adenomyosis, for which the only cure is a hysterectomy. I was feeling like we were probably going to be done having kids after this pregnancy, so I was kind of hoping my doctor could just do a hysterectomy when she took the baby via c-section, so I would only have to go through the healing process once. I was pretty disappointed when she told me I would have to wait for about a year after the baby was born to get it done. This past year, I’ve been in a lot of pain and so exhausted from bleeding about 17 days a month. I made an appointment to see my doctor for the beginning of October and was surprised when she scheduled the operation for October 22nd. The next 2 weeks were filled with me trying to prepare everything around the house because I knew I would be out of commission for some time after the surgery. I was still in a lot of pain and exhausted, so this was quite a struggle. With my mom and sister’s help, I got some freezer meals made and made arrangements for the kids to be taken care of afterward.
I was really nervous the morning of the surgery. We had to be to the hospital at 8:00 am, so my mom came to our house at 7:30 to take care of the kids for the day. She did awesome getting the boys to the bus on time and getting Emma to and from preschool, and then watching the little kids all day, and being back at the house before the boys got home from school. It helped me so much as I was laying in the hospital to know that the kids were taken care of. I’m sure by the end of that day my mom was exhausted and wondering how she was going to take care of all these little kids for another week or two!
The doctor told me I was supposed to be on the couch for 2 weeks. No laundry, no cooking, just resting and getting up to go to the bathroom. It’s been a week and the hardest thing is having to sit on the couch, while everyone around me is scrambling trying to keep up on all of my work in addition to their work. I haven’t had much pain, but I don’t want to overdue it and have my body take even longer to heal. The other struggle I’m having is the emotional factor. My baby turns 1 next week and it seems so final. I’m done having babies. I’m done making my family. I know people think I’m crazy for feeling that way. I’ve been blessed with 5 beautiful babies, and I am so grateful for that. It has just been a lot more emotional than I expected it to be.
I feel like I’ve got one more week to be completely back to normal. I start teaching piano lessons again a week from today. I’m sure my mom is ready to be done being a full-time grandma, so I’ll have all the kids back full time. I’m terrified that I’m not going to be able to handle it all, but I’m going to do my best. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out this past week!